My friend and wonderfully talented kappa sister Makena Cummings has nominated me for a Liebster Award, which is for little blogs (like me!) who have 200 or less followers so that we can gain a little more recognition! HOW COOL so I get to tell all of ya’ll 11 fun facts about myself and then answer the 11 questions Makena has for me, and then pass the love along to a few of my blogger friends (it’s like playing tag I LOVE it!)
Here we go!
1. I am a bookworm- my favorite place in the whole world is Barnes & Noble (because the smell of new books mixed with coffee smells like heaven). I love to spend a lot of free time with my nose in a good book.
2. Speaking of coffee, I am a coffee addict. The thing I look forward to most everyday is waking up and making a big mug of it.
3. I have a black belt in karate. Most people don’t believe me, but I really did the whole “karate-chopping wooden boards in half” thing.
4. My family and I had a goldfish (named Goldy of course….) who lived to be almost 10 years old, that should be a world record, am I right?
5. I LOVE Disney movies, and still watch them on a regular basis. Maybe it’s because I’m nostalgic, but it really brings me back in time to when I was a kid and we had no worries (Hakuna Matata!)
6. I have lived in Matthews, NC my entire life and I could probably live here the rest of my life. It’s the cutest town right outside Charlotte and everyone knows everyone here. It’s got great weather, food, events and it’s close to the mountains and beach, so basically it’s perfect.
7. I am 110% a dog person; I have a hard time trusting all you cat-lovers.
8. I randomly burst into song using my “broadway voice”, much to my roommates/friends/college neighbor’s annoyance….my songs of choice are “Let it Go” from Frozen, Christmas songs, and pretty much anything from The Sound of Music.
9. My favorite season is fall. I like the cool weather, pumpkin spice lattes (so “common white girl” it hurts), big sweaters and FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL.
10. I have an addiction to Instagram. I love filter applications and spend hours editing photos that I plan to frame and hang in my apartment…whenever I get a big-girl job and move out that is.
11. My favorite location in the entire world is San Miniato al Monte in Florence, Italy.
Okay now time to answer Makena’s questions for me!
1. Coffee or tea? COFFEE 100%.
2. Favorite magazine? InStyle…it’s massive so it keeps me occupied for a while, and it’s good for outfit and hair tips!
3. What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it? I watched Catching Fire with my best friend Kelly and I could watch that movie a million more times. I’m a Hunger Games fanatic.
4. What is your guilty pleasure? I don’t know if this really counts but I love to make any excuse to get really dressed up (full hair, full makeup, dress and heels the whole shebang!). Oh, and chocolate of course.
5. If you could tell your middle school self one thing, what would you say? I would tell my awkward self that the boys will grow taller… I was always one of the taller girls in middle school and now I’m a mere 5’5”.
6. Most recent awkward moment? Oh jeeze, I have too many to count. I guess today when I was shopping in LOFT and I dropped everything I was holding and knocked over a bunch of stacked clothes….woops!
7. What is your cocktail of choice? Captain and coke (older brother influence).
8. What is your favorite new music discovery? Matthew Koma.
9. If you could wear one item of jewelry for the rest of your life, what would it be? I would have to say the gold fleur-de-lis ring my parents bought for me while visiting me in Florence. I wear it almost every day, and it reminds me of how much I love and miss Italy.
10. What is the cosmetic/beauty product you can’t live without? Loreal’s Magic Perfecting Base- it really is magic. I have shiny and oily skin, and one little scoop of this erases shine.
11. You can take three items to a deserted island….what would you take? Oh gosh this one’s always hard…I’d bring books (geeky I know but I need to pass the time), I’d pray to God I could use electricity so I could bring my Keurig to make coffee, and I’d bring Cola, my stuffed dog who goes everywhere with me.
My questions for my nominees:
1. Dogs or cats? (choose wisely)
2. If you could go hop on a plane right now where would you go?
3. Would you rather go sky diving or scuba diving?
4. What is your favorite childhood memory?
5. If you could pick a different university to go to than the one you attended, where would you want to go?
6. If you could be a boy for a day, what would you want to do the most?
7. Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry or flavor of choice?
8. What is the number one played song in your itunes?
9. Favorite sport to watch?
10. Who is your celebrity crush?
11. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
Now drumroll please………………I would like to nominate:
He Leads: Melissa Borden (http://embracingadventure.wordpress.com)
Forever Fascinated: Courtney Charroux (http://charroux10.wordpress.com)
This Beautiful Life: Jordan Carmichael (http://jordancarmichael.wordpress.com)
You should all also follow Makena Cummings at http://makenagranger.blogspot.com, she has some awesome posts/fashion/photography, she basically rocks LUV YOU XOXO.